Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The "NEW" plan....

This past Sunday, for the second week of Advent, the theme was on 'Preparing' so what better time to post about our new plan as we PREPARE this 'side route' adventure in our hopes of becoming parents!
Recently, I posted an update about the fork in the road, and thought I should elaborate on that a smidge!
Months ago, Shaun and I started looking into adoption as a means of growing our family. Until then, we were pretty sure that fertility treatments wouldn't be our first focus. To avoid so much detail, I will leave it at that...!! :)
Just one week prior to Thanksgiving, Shaun and I revisited some options that we looked into back in the early Spring of this year. It seemed like our decision was made collectively without even verbalizing it to eachother...that's just how God works!
Originally I was apprehensive to take this change as a positive since we declared our desire to adopt, and I didn't want to seem like we were being indecisive. After speaking with my dear sister-in-law Jen, she opened my eyes a little with the feedback from a panel of speakers she heard at an adoption seminar. The panel was made up of persons who were adopted as children, and are now adults. They said their most important desire was to hear that their parents adopted because they wanted THEM...not to save some kids from poverty, or hunger... Our desire to be parents means we want to do what we can to have our children [within reason of course] and that our desire to adopt wasn't to save the world one child at a time, however wonderful that might be!
SO--for the update, we are putting our adoption plan on hold, and are meeting with an Infertility specialist on Dec. 28th!
PLAN on being updated after that appointment!!! Keep the prayers coming as we still will need HIS direction in our plans!!!
HUGS

No comments: