Friday, February 18, 2011

updates...

Well, as you already know...I kinda suck at keeping this thing updated regularly...
since my last post was in July of 2010!...

So, since then, Shaun and I completed our homestudy with DA BLODGETT-ST. JOHN'S in Grand Rapids. As of Nov. 2nd we are officially 'paper-pregnant'!! We had a really nice Thanksgiving and Christmas Season with lots of family time, and the excitement of our new niece Aubree Lemelem, who arrive home from Ethiopia on Feb. 11th!!! It crazy that we are just a hop and skip away from March.

My Grandma told me a quote her mother used to say, 'the day seem to go by so slowly, but the years fly by...' that definately is the truth. I turned 30 just last August...and I am only 6 months from leaping into the 30's with turning 31!... wow!
Since our paper work was finalized, we have inquired about three sibling groups from the MARE website, but nothing has come of them... waiting is hard...
Lately I have been a little negative when I think about the time it is taking for us to fulfill our dream of becoming parents. Some days I even think that I might never become a mom. I know I need to keep praying about it... it's just hard to live with that void in my heart, and the worst is knowing there are children out there who are living in foster care, or even the care of their abusers.
well... thanks for being a sounding board... keep praying for us and this journey.

No comments: