These past few weeks have been quite revealing in my life. I must admit that I am a bit of a control freak, and I like to be in the driver seat with most areas of my life. It's ironic that the sermon last weekend was on Proverbs 3: 5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean non on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path."
Previous to this past Sunday, I was always 'giving' God the timeline of our desire to become parents, and I actually believed that I really WAS giving Him the control, but alas, I was confronted with this verse yet again, and realized that I was barely LEANING on God for the direction that I needed.
It's been a GREAT week learning different avenues that are available for Shaun and I to keep pursuing our adoption, and I can't wait to get some things rolling...
We will be submitting an application to Project Cuddle in California this next week to be a Rescue Family. Check out their website to see what that really means...it's a little less wordy on my part, and easier to understand if you check our their page: www.projectcuddle.org
Keep praying us through, and specifically for the same unconditional Love that we get from our Heavenly Father!
After Jesus' resurrection, He asked Peter three times, "Do you Love ME?"... If we are willing to SAY that we Love Him, we need to be willing to LIVE that LOVE OUT...that Love must be our First Love, and nothing else shall take a higher position.
1 comment:
Totally crazy how I keep popping into your life! I actually know someone on the board with Project Cuddle and they were a lot of help to me. I will try to get her in touch with you!!
Post a Comment