I was totally blown away by today's church service! Have you ever been in a worship service where you feel like it was designed just for YOU?!?!....That was my experience today!
Most of you have been following our updates as we get closer to growing our family through God's plans...and many of you know the heart ache that goes with this desire.
TODAY...I am a PEACE. Our sermon was on the aspects of "Thanksgiving"...not just the "HOW" since most of us know how to give thanks...but on the "WHY" we should give thanks! By giving THANKS in even the most unfortunate circumstances, we will reveal the JOY that God intends for us to receive during those un-joyful times, thus removing power from any evil that could intervene and steal that JOY!
SO...as I look back over the last 6-years since we hoped to start our family, I see the wonderful times that Shaun and I have been able to share together through spontaneous weekenders heading out of town to explore a nearby city or even longer vacations of exploring in California, Tennessee, Wisconsin, all fulfilling in building our relationship and storing up memories that we will forever cherish! By having this time as just Husband and Wife, I know the JOY of "Dating" as a married couple, and won't let that change when we do have children.
I have changed and continue to learn the act of PATIENCE. What a blessing in knowing PATIENCE before starting our family...especially since I would love a van full of kids!!!! HAHAHAH...
GIVE THANKS....IN EVERYTHING! EXPERIENCE GOD'S JOY THAT IS INTENDED FOR YOU!
1 comment:
oh Mel, I'm so happy that you had that message! One other thing I heard this week was a saying, "when you pray for patience, God gives you a situation that REQUIRES patience". As you can imagine this hit home with me as well! We must be such impatient ladies!! Love you, and I can't WAIT to walk with you, help you, serve you and cheer you on in this process!! XOXO - Robin
Post a Comment